Sports Massage is a form of massage that uses a variety of pressures to manipulate soft tissues to help reduce adhesions and treat musculoskeletal pain. Although Sports Massage is often thought to be for people who push their bodies through strenuous exercise, this is not the case. If you have a physically demanding job, stuck at a desk all day or running around after children Sports massage will also benefit you. It can also be used during recovery from injury and is often advised by other healthcare professionals (e.g. physiotherapists and doctors)
Sports Massage has many benefits including:
- Improving muscle elasticity, tone and function to increase range of motion and flexibility
- Relieving soreness, tension, and stiffness
- Improving the flow of nutrients to muscles and joints, thereby accelerating recovery from exercise and injury
- Reducing scar tissue, breaking down and preventing adhesions (knots)
- Relieving cramps and muscle spasms
Massage in Pregnancy is an amazing treatment that is designed to help relieve the tensions your body is experiencing as it adapts to allow your baby to grow and develop. Massage therapy can be used from 12 weeks of pregnancy right through until baby has arrived. Each massage is tailored to your individual needs.
The benefits of Pregnancy Massage:
- Reduce stress levels and helps you to relax
- Relieves lower back pain and symptoms of sciatica
- Decreases swelling
- Relieves aches and pains in muscles and joints
- Relieves symptoms of insomnia and aids sleep
Pregnancy massage should be avoided if you have high blood pressure or if your pregnancy is classed as ‘high risk’ – in these cases I would need written consent from your midwife to carry out the treatment.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is not a ‘massage’ as such it is more of a treatment. If you were to massage the skin this would actually stimulates the lymphatic system to produce lymph which is the opposite to what this treatment is trying to achieve. MLD is used to treat clients suffering with lymphedema or can be used as a detox treatment.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is performed by a certified MLD therapist, who applies light circular movements to the client’s skin. Manual Lymphatic Drainage can be applied to bare skin or over clothes this will depend on your needs. No massage oils or lotions should be used in order for the treatment to be effective. MLD is applied in gentle strokes towards the heart, this technique will lightly stretch the walls of the lymph vessels and encourage lymph drainage.
If you want more information on this treatment please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
The benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage:
- Reduces Lymphatic problems
- Decreases swelling and pain in limbs
- Calms the autonomic nervous system
- Reduces blood pressure and reduces stress
- Reduces cellulite and varicose veins
Who can benefit?
- People who have or have had cancer
- People who have just had surgery
- People with chronic pain or fatigue
- People with infection or trauma in the lymphatic system
- People with Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Anyone – this treatment can be used as a relaxation and a detox
Vouchers are available to purchase for all of my treatments, please Email: email@example.com for more details